The SIM card doesn't send SMS messages. What do I need to do?
First of all, when you send an SMS message from another operator to a Things Mobile SIM card, make sure you put + or 00 before the number (for example +882... or 00882...). If you enter the right number with + or 00 before it and SMS messages still do not arrive, put the SIM card in a smartphone and follow the procedure described below.
- Turn on the data connection and data roaming
- Set the APN as “TM”
- Check that the SIM card automatically connects to one of the available operators
- Send a test SMS message and check that it arrives
- If it does not, manually select a different operator and send a new SMS message. Repeat the procedure with all available operators
- Send SMS messages to telephone numbers with a range of different operators and check that they arrive
If these tests are unsuccessful in some or all cases, email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them with the following information:
- The name of the operator for the number that did not receive the SMS message
- The operator to which the Things Mobile SIM card was connected when the SMS message was sent
- The date and time when the SMS message was sent
- Screenshots of any message errors displayed by the smartphone