Instructions for setting up a SIM card in a device
In order to ensure that your device works properly, we advise you to set it up as follows:
- Insert the SIM card in the device properly
- Turn on the data connection
- Turn on data roaming
- Configure the APN with the name “TM”
- Leave the username and password fields empty
- Check that the device automatically connects to an operator
- If this does not happen, manually select an available operator from those listed in the “Coverage” section: https://www.thingsmobile.com/business/coverage/coverage)
- Check that the device is working properly
Please note: If the APN has to be configured by SMS, make sure that the device receives the command successfully. In particular, remember to put 00 or + before the Things Mobile number (for example 00882... or +882...) when you send an SMS message from another operator to a Things Mobile SIM card. Similarly, remember to put 00 or + and the country code before the number (for example, 0039 or +39 for Italy) when you send an SMS message from Things Mobile to another operator.
If you have operating problems with the procedure described above, click here.