Will the SIM card already be activated when I buy it?
When you buy a SIM card, it will need to be activated. It is a simple process that you can carry out yourself by taking the short steps described below.
If you have not yet carried out the registration and ID document checking procedures, follow the steps in section (1). If you have already carried out the registration and ID document checking procedures and you have login credentials for the IoT Portal, follow the steps in section (2).
(1) Registration procedure
Follow this link https://www.thingsmobile.com/registration and enter all of the necessary information in the form. Make sure you select the right user category in the menu at the top. You can choose between BUSINESS and PERSONAL.
In the next step, choose whether to carry out the checking process by sending the required documents by email (difficulty level: low) or by following the guided procedure (difficulty level: medium).
If you choose to send the documents by email, you must follow the procedure that is described below.
Send an email to email@example.com stating your username (the email address that you used to register) and attach the following documents:
- The SIDE of your ID document with a photo
- The SIDE of your ID document without a photo
- A photo of you holding your ID document (the SIDE with a photo) near your face
Tips on taking the photograph:
- Make sure that the room is well lit
- Select the maximum resolution available on the device that you use to take the photo
- Hold the document near your face
- Ensure that all parts of both the document and your face are visible in the photo.
If the quality of the photo is deemed unsatisfactory, you will be asked to provide a better copy. In addition, no part of the document must be covered or censored.
Wait for a confirmation email.
(2) Activation procedure
- Click here to access the IoT Portal: https://www.thingsmobile.com/login. Enter the login credentials (username and password) that you received in your account activation confirmation email. If you cannot find your login credentials, you can recover them by clicking on this link: https://www.thingsmobile.com/login?step=forgot_pwd
- Add the SIM card by clicking on “Add SIM card” in the menu on the left
- Enter the SIM card number (which starts with +88) and the SIM card identifier (which starts with 89). Both are on the back of the SIM card.
- Click “CONTINUE”
- Choose a plan from the selection: Pay-per-use plan, Individual data package, Shared data package (for business customers only), Unlimited plan (for business customers only). Select an automation option (we recommend the default automation option) and add a name and a tag if you like
- Click “CONTINUE”
- Complete the activation process by clicking “CONTINUE” on the “Activation Summary” page
Wait for a confirmation email
An overview of the activation procedure is provided in this video tutorial: