When I try to ping the public fixed IP address, it does not work. What can I do?
We recommend that you carry out the checks described below.
Problems with your account or SIM card settings
• Check if there is any credit in your account and recharge it if necessary
• Ensure that the SIM card is “Active” If the SIM card is “Blocked” or “Disconnected”, click the “Reactivate” button
SIM card incorrectly inserted in the device or incompatible device
• Ensure that the SIM card is correctly inserted in the device
• Check that the device is compatible with international SIM cards and that it has not been blocked by local operators
Incorrect device settings
• Make sure that the APN is set as “JTFIXEDPUBLIC” and the username and password fields are empty
• Check that the data traffic and data roaming options (if present) are both active. With satellite trackers and devices that operate on GPS/GPRS networks, check that the setting in question is enabled
• Make sure there is no firewall on the device
Little or no coverage and signal from operators
• Check that there is a strong enough signal from at least one of Things Mobile’s partner operators in the area where the SIM card is found. If there is little or no signal, move the device to another area
• Click “Restart SIM card” in the IoT Portal to start a new connection session